Deliciously smooth skin
Spring Health & Beauty Tip 28 – Aveeno
This is my absolute beauty product of the moment. It was actually prescribed for my daughter who has eczema but I had to buy my own before I stole all of her as it made my skin so lovely. Aveeno is Oat based (most moisturisers are petroleum based) and just leaves you skin feeling gorgeous.
Definitely my hero product of the summer.
Happy Moisturising x
Nourish Your Skin
Spring Health & Beauty Tip 25 – Oat Bath
An oat bath is often recommended for kids who have chicken-pox which is actually how I found out about it. But it’s not just chickenpox’s that its good for, Oats and Oatmeal are fantastic for the skin.
Put some oats in a cloth and tie it around the bath tap so that as the bath is running the water is coming through the oats and cloth. This will produce a wonderful milk from the oats. Another little tip – I often use a hair band to secure the fabric around the tap.
- An Oat Bath is Cleansing – the oat particles stick to dirt and dead skin cells allowing them all to be washed away.
- It’s Soothing – which is why it is often recommended for chicken-pox or eczema.
- Its Moisturising – the oats restore moisture into the skin and balance the skins natural pH.
- It’s Protective – the milk from the oats leaves a lovely protective layer over the skin that makes you feel like you’ve moisturised as soon as you get out of the bath.
Happy bathing x
Love a Super Smoothie
Spring Health & Beauty Tip 24 – Super Smoothies
I love a smoothie. I just love imagining my cells being flooded with goodness as I drink them. So yummy and the fruit helps settle my sweet-tooth as well.
My real tip though is use Coconut Water in place of Milk. Great if you want to cut down on lactose and Coconut water is fantastic and rehydrating your body naturally. And the Coconut flavour goes great with fruit.
My Favourite Smoothie Recipe
- 250ml of Coconut Water
- 10 Strawberries
- Handful of Blueberries
- 1 Banana
- Tablespoon of Oats (keeps you fuller for longer)
Also, hoping the summer weather stays, you can chuck a lot of ice cubes in to make it seriously refreshing.
Happy smoothing x
Little bite size of yummy
Spring Health & Beauty Tip 20 – Savoury Biscuits
This is a slight variation on some savoury biscuits that I found on the internet. I basically have added ground oats and Linwoods amazing Super Foods mix of Milled Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds & Goji Berry mix and reduced the sugar to make them a little healthier. My kids love them so they make a really good alternative to sugar additives loaded packets of biscuits.
- 1 and a half cups of flour – whole wheat flour if you are being really good.
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar
- Half teaspoon of Salt
- Quarter cup of Water
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Ground Oats
- 1 tablespoon of Linwoods Mix
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
Basically pre-heat the over to 250 and grease a large baking tray
Mix everything together in a large bowl.
Roll the pastry mix. I always find it super sticky at this stage so you will need lots of flour to stop it sticking.
Cut shapes with a cookie cutter & put on a well-greased tray
Pop in the over for 5-10 minutes or until nicely golden brown