Get Your Juice On!
Easy Quick Healthy Tip 8 – Carrott and Apple Juice
Seriously the most delicious and easiest juice. I think if you are thinking about starting juicing this is the place to start. Even my kids will drink this juice and that is saying something (they generally treat vegetables as one would posion).
I tend to use the same amount of carrots and apples, you can alter how much of each goes in to suit your taste but basically 2 apples, two or three carrots, cut then into large churnks, put through the juicer and hey-presto and little cup of nutrients right there!
Carrots (like oats), drag toxins out the bowel as they go through so can really help in giving you a healthier, cleaner bowel…. particularly important for us Bowel Cancer people, but for general health is still as must.
You do need a juicer for this but if you are thinking about a seriously healthy diet you are probably considering getting one anyway?! Check out websites for 2nd hand ones if they seem a bit expensive to you.
Water, water, everywhere!
Easy Quick Healthy Tip 7- Get your thirst on!
You know this, I know you know this, drink water. Its rule number one and even more important if you are detoxing and trying to be healthy because it helps flush all those toxins and nasties out your body. Ideally you want to drink one and half litres a day.
But really….. I didn’t even need to tell you that…. you already knew! 🙂 xx
The No-Bake Treat!
Easy Quick Healthy Tip 6 – Yummy Frozen Banana Bars
This recipie was given to me by a friend recently so I had to try and share with you straight away! Frozen Banana Bars. These are also great for anyone who is on a Raw Food Diet.
Take 2 bananas, 1 cup of dates, 1 cup of cashew nuts, stick them all in a blender until smooth. Pop into a dish and bang it in the freezer until firm (about 3 to 4 hours). Cut into small squares and keep in the freezer and you are good to go.
A seriously healthy no bake treat. Let’s just hope my kids think so too! 🙂
Get more nutrients in…
Easy Quick Healthy Tip 4 – Add a little bit of Linwoods Super-Mix
Sometimes we spend to long thinking about all the things we don’t want to eat and not what we should be eating. One of the best bits of advice I got from The Fairy Food Mother was to just think about how you are going to get all the good stuff in and chances are all the bad stuff will start to fall away. For someone like me this was fantastic advice as it meant my focus was on the good stuff.
Obviously it doesn’t have to be this brand but I do love it and it tastes fantastic. I add a teaspoonful to smoothies, on my porridge, sprinkled on salads, anywhere I can think of I chuck some in.
Just keep trying to get more nutrients in, anyway you can!
If my son will drink this then that truly is an indication that it must be yummy! 🙂
What you will need…
– A cup of Strawberries
– Half a cup of Blueberries
– 50g of Goji Berries
– 1x Banana
– A tsp of Linwoods milled Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin & Sesame seeds with Goji Berries.
– 2x Tbsp of rolled Oats
– A cup of your choice of Milk or Water
Literally chuck it all in the blender & hey presto a delicious smoothie, full of super-foods, antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins & essential fatty acids…. all that & it tastes delicious!
In this lovely warm weather I have also been adding 5 or 6 ice cubes to give it a seriously refreshing taste.
I honestly think Juices & Smoothies are the easiest way to get some seriously good stuff into your diet in the most delicious way. I have not stopped since seeing my nutritionist (as well as eating a much healthier diet) & I feel so much better, but this smoothie really is becoming a firm family favourite.
Hope you like it.
Wishing you health & happiness x
After a particularly bad week last week I have really picked up the pace to get my journey back t0 health moving for the Mind, Body & Soul. So what have I done….
1. I went to see my GP about the fact I emotionally was feeling like I couldn’t do it any longer. As anyone who know’s me will tell you, I have very little positive comments about my GP surgery but I have to say I was really impressed. He took me very seriously I was immediately referred & contacted by a specialist. After a one hour phone consultation he suggested Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which I will be starting shortly.
2. My bike has been removed from it’s hiding place in the shed, dusted off & even ridden. It was shocking how quickly I was tired but it was also the first time I have ridden my bike since my operation in August 2012 so to be expected. Mr B & I have also made a commitment to doing some exercise 3 times a week & getting out more for long walks / bike rides etc at the weekends. This started last night with a DVD in the living room. So much more fun doing it with someone else so really pleased he is doing it with me.
3. I have booked in with a Nutritionist, The Fairy Food Mother. Now I’m not going to lie, I have happily been putting this off because quite frankly I am addicted to Coca-Cola – there I have said it, my name is Nicola & I am an addict – & I know the first thing she is going to tell me is to give up my beloved. But it is bull by the horns time so bring it.
4. This also bring me nicely onto point number 4. I am arranging to see a Hypnotherapist to help with what really can only be called an addiction to sugar & all things unhealthy, so that I can really get stuck into my new health lifestyle.
Even though I haven’t actually done anything yet I cannot tell you how much better I feel. Just putting positive steps into place has made me feel more in control & uplifted. It has also banished the feeling that there is no point, I will never feel well again because I will, I just have to make it happen a little more.
Not bad for a week! I will keep you updated with the progress of all mentioned above but if you are thinking that you want to make changes but aren’t sure where to start…
Just do what I did. Think about what is the most important & start putting in positive steps to make that thing happen / better for you.
Wishing you love, health & happiness