If you have been following me for a while you will probably be aware of my Anti-Bucket Lists but if you haven’t or need reminding you can read all about it here but basically, when I was having treatment for advanced Colorectal Cancer I decided that when I got better I would flip the traditional ‘things-to-do-before-I-die-Bucket-List’ idea and came up with ‘The Anti-Bucket List’… these are things I am going to do because I’m alive.
My list for 2014 was;
Holly at her first Ballet performance
- Go to a fancy Horse Race – My lovely hubby took me to Royal Ascot and it was everything I hoped, including seeing the Queen and Prince Harry. You can read about it here.
- See a Ballet at the Royal Opera House – It wasn’t at the Royal Opera House but I took my daughter to see her first ballet, you English National Ballet performing Swan Lake in Milton Keynes and it was amazing and a very special mummy-daughter moment.
- Visit Harry Potter world at Letchworth Studios – I ended up going to Harry Potter world at Universal Studios instead!! Oh yeah!! I was literally like a kid at Christmas.
- Take part in Cancer Research’s Colour Run – They didn’t do one last year 😦
- Go somewhere I haven’t been before – Benhavis in Spain – if you are in the area, it is beautiful and well worth a visit.
My Anti-Bucket List for 2015;
- See the Book of Mormon – been meaning to see it for ages.
- Visit Harry Potter at Letchworth Studios – going to Florida has made me want to visit even more.
- Visit somewhere new – This was on my list last year but I think this will remain on my list forever.
- Do the Tougher Mudder race for Cancer Research. Am hoping this will be achievable by the end of my #100ActiveDays?!
- Visit a new Spa – sometimes you just need a bit of a break and I know that I do now so a Spa weekend will be just what the doctor ordered… and I think I could get away with considering it research?! 🙂
- Organise a family get-together for no reason. I love my extended family and so rarely get to see everyone altogether outside of weddings. Christenings, funerals etc… So I am going to try to organise a ‘Just Because I Love You’ get-together.
- Add a lock to the Love Lock Bridge in Paris – sounds cheesy but fun, making our mark on Paris forever.
As always I am looking for new inspired ideas so if you have any, please leave a comment below and let me know. I had some great ones last year and as a result did even more cool stuff, would love that again. I would also love to hear what is on your list so let me know.
Make my day and follow this blog, just click FOLLOW in the right column
You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter. Come and say hi, I would love to hear from you!
I think everyone is now familiar with the term Bucket List as a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. When I was having treatment for advanced Colorectal Cancer I decided that when I got better I would flip the idea and came up with The Anti-Bucket List… these were things I was going to do, not because I was going to die, but because I was going to live. Got the idea?
I see this as different to New Years Resolutions because I consider those the be goals of the year, whereas this list is more things I want to do and experience.
Last year I only included a few things as I was still having treatment / recovering but there were;
- Travel to somewhere I haven’t been before / Travel for the first time with my colostomy bag – I went to Morocco. Truly amazing experience. I was so nervous to travel for the first time with a colostomy bag but in reality it was fine. Just made sure I had plenty of everything (I took about 2 months worth for 3 nights) and in all different bags in case something happened, but nothing did. No trouble flying. Everything was cool. Have now flown a few times, all fine. And Morocco itself was out of this world. It is firmly at the high end of my favourite places to go list (Mexico remains number 1).
- Go to University – Wasn’t easy and at times I wondered why I put it on the list but I did it. I now go to the University of Hertfordshire reading English Literature, Philosophy & Writing and I absolutely LOVE it. It is one of my favourite things to do on earth at the moment.
- Read another 3 books of my list – My list is the BBC Top 100 Reads voted by the public. Its been really good actually, made me read loses of books I wouldn’t have otherwise, most of which I have really enjoyed.
So that was last year, but what about this year… This is what I have so far…
- Go to a fancy Horse Race – by that I mean like Ascot, a traditional big race where the ladies get seriously dressed up.
- See a Ballet at the Royal Opera House – I haven’t been for years.
- Visit Harry Potter world at Letchworth Studios – as close as I can get to the real thing.
- Take part in Cancer Research’s Colour Run – Have you seen how much fun this looks… has to be done. If you want move information about it, visit www.thecolourrun.co.uk or if you want to know more about why Cancer Research means so much to me specifically you can click here!
- Go somewhere I haven’t been before – This doesn’t have to be abroad, there is still a lot in the UK I haven’t seen. Quite like the idea of the outer-Heberdies… anyone have any suggestions?
So that is the Anti-Bucket list as it stands but I am looking for inspiration and things to add so please leave and comment & let me know what else I can do that will bring fun and excitement to this year I’m living.
But, most importantly, what is on your Anti-Bucket list? I really would like to know leave a comment & tell me.
Whatever it is, hope you have fun doing it! x
Some other awesome lists to check out….
101 Things to Do When You Survive
Bucket List Publications