My friend and I were discussing how January has, in so many ways, been a write-off month! It’s cold, we’re skint, we are desperately trying to get our children (and ourselves) back into a routine after the mayhem of Christmas. Not the start to 2015 we were planning on.
Relieved in our knowledge that there was someone else in the world feeling this way we decided that we are going to ‘officially’ start 2015 in February! Will you join us?
Exercise is going ok as I’m still taking part in my #100ActiveDays but I am going to up the healthy eating, with the help of Cameron and Davina – two awesome books about eating well and giving up sugar (ahhhhhh – dare I truly contemplate???)
If you have any recipes or recipe books that you could recommend please leave a comment or you can Facebook or tweet me and try to help me along the way!
Happy 2015 everybody! 🙂
Make my day and follow this blog by clicking ‘FOLLOW’ on the righthand side (bottom if your on your phone).
You can now also follow me on bloglovin’
If you have been following me for a while you will probably be aware of my Anti-Bucket Lists but if you haven’t or need reminding you can read all about it here but basically, when I was having treatment for advanced Colorectal Cancer I decided that when I got better I would flip the traditional ‘things-to-do-before-I-die-Bucket-List’ idea and came up with ‘The Anti-Bucket List’… these are things I am going to do because I’m alive.
My list for 2014 was;
Holly at her first Ballet performance
- Go to a fancy Horse Race – My lovely hubby took me to Royal Ascot and it was everything I hoped, including seeing the Queen and Prince Harry. You can read about it here.
- See a Ballet at the Royal Opera House – It wasn’t at the Royal Opera House but I took my daughter to see her first ballet, you English National Ballet performing Swan Lake in Milton Keynes and it was amazing and a very special mummy-daughter moment.
- Visit Harry Potter world at Letchworth Studios – I ended up going to Harry Potter world at Universal Studios instead!! Oh yeah!! I was literally like a kid at Christmas.
- Take part in Cancer Research’s Colour Run – They didn’t do one last year 😦
- Go somewhere I haven’t been before – Benhavis in Spain – if you are in the area, it is beautiful and well worth a visit.
My Anti-Bucket List for 2015;
- See the Book of Mormon – been meaning to see it for ages.
- Visit Harry Potter at Letchworth Studios – going to Florida has made me want to visit even more.
- Visit somewhere new – This was on my list last year but I think this will remain on my list forever.
- Do the Tougher Mudder race for Cancer Research. Am hoping this will be achievable by the end of my #100ActiveDays?!
- Visit a new Spa – sometimes you just need a bit of a break and I know that I do now so a Spa weekend will be just what the doctor ordered… and I think I could get away with considering it research?! 🙂
- Organise a family get-together for no reason. I love my extended family and so rarely get to see everyone altogether outside of weddings. Christenings, funerals etc… So I am going to try to organise a ‘Just Because I Love You’ get-together.
- Add a lock to the Love Lock Bridge in Paris – sounds cheesy but fun, making our mark on Paris forever.
As always I am looking for new inspired ideas so if you have any, please leave a comment below and let me know. I had some great ones last year and as a result did even more cool stuff, would love that again. I would also love to hear what is on your list so let me know.
Make my day and follow this blog, just click FOLLOW in the right column
You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter. Come and say hi, I would love to hear from you!