If you have been following me for a while you will probably be aware of my Anti-Bucket Lists but if you haven’t or need reminding you can read all about it here but basically, when I was having treatment for advanced Colorectal Cancer I decided that when I got better I would flip the traditional ‘things-to-do-before-I-die-Bucket-List’ idea and came up with ‘The Anti-Bucket List’… these are things I am going to do because I’m alive.
My list for 2014 was;
- Go to a fancy Horse Race – My lovely hubby took me to Royal Ascot and it was everything I hoped, including seeing the Queen and Prince Harry. You can read about it here.
- See a Ballet at the Royal Opera House – It wasn’t at the Royal Opera House but I took my daughter to see her first ballet, you English National Ballet performing Swan Lake in Milton Keynes and it was amazing and a very special mummy-daughter moment.
- Visit Harry Potter world at Letchworth Studios – I ended up going to Harry Potter world at Universal Studios instead!! Oh yeah!! I was literally like a kid at Christmas.
- Take part in Cancer Research’s Colour Run – They didn’t do one last year 😦
- Go somewhere I haven’t been before – Benhavis in Spain – if you are in the area, it is beautiful and well worth a visit.
My Anti-Bucket List for 2015;
- See the Book of Mormon – been meaning to see it for ages.
- Visit Harry Potter at Letchworth Studios – going to Florida has made me want to visit even more.
- Visit somewhere new – This was on my list last year but I think this will remain on my list forever.
- Do the Tougher Mudder race for Cancer Research. Am hoping this will be achievable by the end of my #100ActiveDays?!
- Visit a new Spa – sometimes you just need a bit of a break and I know that I do now so a Spa weekend will be just what the doctor ordered… and I think I could get away with considering it research?! 🙂
- Organise a family get-together for no reason. I love my extended family and so rarely get to see everyone altogether outside of weddings. Christenings, funerals etc… So I am going to try to organise a ‘Just Because I Love You’ get-together.
- Add a lock to the Love Lock Bridge in Paris – sounds cheesy but fun, making our mark on Paris forever.
As always I am looking for new inspired ideas so if you have any, please leave a comment below and let me know. I had some great ones last year and as a result did even more cool stuff, would love that again. I would also love to hear what is on your list so let me know.