After being nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award I have now been nominated by Staying Mom for The Liebester Award. I am so thrilled and really appreciate it. The Liebester Award takes the same notion of giving bloggers a chance to nominate other blogs they enjoy.
How it works…
Post the award on your blog.
Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts
As we are slowly getting into the Christmas spirit, I thought I would give you 11 random Christmas related facts about me…
- Christmas is irrevocably my favourite celebration of the year. If I could only celebrate one thing, Christmas would be it.
- When I was a kid, Christmas was a frantically hectic day spent travelling from one family member to another. I loved it but when people talk about playing with their toys and falling asleep in front of the Queens speech, that NEVER happened. We would be rushing on to someone else.
- When we were little my female cousins and I always had to be in the same dress or we would be heartbroken.
- Love a bit of charades!
- I don’t like Christmas cake or pudding, no one on my side of the family does, so we never have it. The first Christmas my husband had with us, he was horrified there wasn’t any so now we always have one… and only one slice gets eaten.
- On the top of the tree is an extra special decoration – a framed picture of my mum (who I lost to cancer 6 years ago) on her wedding day, undoubtably my favourite decoration.
- We’ve started a tradition with our kids, they get new pyjamas and a Christmas book on Christmas eve.
- I am totally doing Elf on a Shelf this year. Nothing like a bit of Christmas inspired bribery!
- I am (somewhat amazingly) known for my Mince Pies – which are actually more like Mince Stars and I give out to friends and neighbours as a little pre-Christmas treat.
- My favourite thing about Christmas are the traditions like Christingle and Nativity and the ‘spirit’ of Christmas. People are kinder and more charitable. Myself included, I don’t normally drop jars of treats into people. It’s like when you have cancer, people are kinder to you, and I love that.
The 11 Questions Posted by the Presenter
- What is your favorite quote? “A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she is in hot water” – Eleanor Roosevelt. This quote seemed to follow me around when I had cancer and had never felt more true. I also love “A woman should be two things, classy and fabulous” from Coco Channel – equally true!
- Your favorite food? Steak. I have a rule that if anyone else orders steak at the table, I order it too, otherwise I will spend the whole meal with food envy!
- Your favourite vacation? I really don’t know, so many different trips and holidays have been amazing and my favourite for different reasons.
- Your favourite book? A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Your favourite colour? Green
- Your favourite movie? Love Actually
- Your favorite outfit? Jeans and heels really – not terribly specific
- Your favorite place? My heart will always belong to London (and Harpenden) but Edinburgh and Bath are the two other cities that I could easily belong too.
- Your favorite drink? Vanilla Latte – ideally from Costa, yum!
- Your favorite flower? Roses, always.
- Your favorite blog? I literally can’t pick one. I get excited when I see any of the below pop up in my reader.
The 11 Blogs I Nominate…
- Mama Papa Bubba Blog
- Sequins in the South
- Love Suspense
- Through the Looking Glass…and What Alice Found There
- Essays and Wine
- The Big Stoma Bucket List
- Cottonwool and Eggshells
- Live. Love. Louis.
- Erin Charlotte
- Ostomy Champagne Lifestyle
- Live Now Dream Later
My 11 Questions Christmas related questions…
- What are you doing for Christmas this year?
- Frozen or Toy Story?
- Favourite Christmas TV special?
- Favourite Christmas movie?
- Favourite carol?
- Turkey or Goose?
- Favourite Christmas vegetable?
- Coloured lights or white lights?
- What colour are your Christmas tree decorations?
- Any family traditions?
- Your favourite thing about Christmas?