A reader messaged me saying they love the blog (thank you) but felt they didn’t really know anything about me. Interesting! I had never thought anyone would want to know about me in general but there is slightly more to me than cancer and colostomy’s – so here are 11 random facts about me.
- 1. I live in Hertfordshire which is just outside London but being born and bred in ‘Norf’ London, I struggle slightly with not living in London and still consider myself a Londoner. The realisation a few months ago that I no longer know the whole tube map by heart actually made me cry inside. Having said that I do love my town and would be surprised if we left, but I did say I would never leave London so, who knows?
- 2. Even at 34 I’m a complete daddy’s girl and have no problems with it – that man is my hero. Am mildly obsessed with all my family.
- 3. I’m half American. And not just half American, I’m half Texan! This fact surprises everyone as nothing about me suggests I am anything other than English. My mother moved here as a child and actually, nothing about her suggested she was anything apart from English either. Except her passport which she never changed.
- 4. Growing up I wanted to be either a writer or a dancer & spent everyday after school in some sort of performing arts class & did a BTEC in Performing Arts at college.
- 5. In my worst nightmare I would be stuck in some sort of dark pit with rats. It is actually making my skin crawl just thinking about it!
- 6. I have three tattoos but I have actually been tattooed five times – two were to cover up what was already there. You would think on that basis I would have learnt my lesson but I would like one more re-done and then one final one which will be the date I found out I had cancer. Sounds morbid but I want it as a reminder that life is to short not to be living the life you want to lead.
- 7. I change my mind about things – you may have worked that out?!
- 8. I love making things, in particular jewellery and gifts. I would much rather give (and receive) something heartfelt that has had effort and thought put into it. It made my day this summer when a friend wore a necklace I had made her as part of her wedding jewellery – very cool.
- 9. Mexico is my favourite country. I love the language, the people, the culture, the food, the architecture, I could go on and on but basically, its flaming fabulous. I spent a month travelling there when I was 19 and went back travelling for three months when I was 24. I will return soon, but there are just so many new places to explore and I am obsessive about visiting new places.
- 10. I love shite TV. Reality shows like Big Brother, TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, they are all complete guilty pleasures of mine. My husband can’t abide them so I only get to watch them sneakily on catch-up. By then my twitter feed is full of all the gossip so I know what is coming which sort of defeats the point.
- 11. If I could give some advice to my teenage self it would be to worry less and do more that made me happy. I was always so worried of what people thought and I think at times I really let it hold me back. Of course hindsight makes everything seem so black and white but I wish I’d had the confidence I have now at 15.
So there you have it. 11 very random facts about me. If there is anything that you would like to know, leave a comment, let me know and I if it is something I want to share I may do a similar sort of thing soon…
Make my day and follow this blog – enter your email and click follow