Laying on a sunlonger, feeling the heat, none of the day-to-day stuff to worry about, absorbed in a fantastic book – heaven! It’s not quite that simple now I have children but still a little more time that normal.
A few lovely people have been asking me what I would recommend for them to read on holiday. You can look at my ‘To Love To Read’ section and see the books I have read recently and loved and from there my favourites would be The Fault in Our Stars, The Shock of the Fall, A Single Breath and Precious Thing, but here are a few others you might want to consider, plus what I will be taking with me on holiday.
- The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke – This was Lucy’s debut novel and also a Richard & Judy must read. Set at gorgeous locations all over the world and with a twisting story to unfold, I think its a beach must have.
- The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty – I devoured this book. Makes you think, what secrets would you keep to protect the ones you love.
- The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough – If you really want to get stuck into a long book, set in a different time and different continent but deeply emotional and heartfelt then I would recommend this old classic.
My Hot Summer Reads
- Curious: True Stories and Loose Connections by Rebecca Front – I know Rebecca as an actress but it turns out she is also written some of my favourite comedy shows. This is a book of witty tales from her life and I do love a good laugh, especially when reading on holiday so I am seriously looking forward to this book.
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton – This has been on my book shelf for a while and given the size I just haven’t started it, holiday will be the perfect time to read this Man Booker Prize winning novel.
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert – The author of memoirs Eat Pray Love and Committed has written her first novel which I am looking forward to reading.
What are you Hot Summer must have reads? I am happy to be over optimistic about the amount of reading time so want to add a few more to the pile. Let me know in the comments section…
Follow this blog and get all the updates straight into your inbox. Pop your email in and click Follow. Remember to click on the activation email.