Give your face a spring clean
Spring Health & Beauty Tip 7 – Steam Your Face Clean
Steaming your face can be a non-invasive way of opening the pores, unclogging and deep-cleaning your face. Brilliantly, it is very easy to do at home.
- Boil a kettle of water and pour into a large bowel, ideally wider than your face, but leave for a few minutes.
- Lean over the bowel, but not to close, about 18inches away and put a towel over your head and the bowel so that all the lovely steam stays in the area, working its magic on your face.
- You can add a few drops of essential oil to help, Rosemary is particularly good for unblocking pores, Lavender is great for the skin and relaxations generally and the two go really well together. A couple of drops of each in a large bowel will be plenty.
- After 4 – 10 minutes (no longer), wash your face with clean water as the cold water will help your pores to close again.
- To finish tone, to remove any dirt that has been dislodged and make sure the pores are closed and moisturise.
- Finally, admire your gorgeous skin!
As with all these things, don’t do it to often as it can overstimulate the skin and produce more of the dreaded oil. Once a week is fine.
Happy Steaming! x