Easy Quick Healthy Tip 16 – Lavender Oil
This is known to Aromatherapists as the all-healing oil, it is the most wiudely used essential oil. It is good for everything and goes well into any blend so Aromatherapists love it and you should love it too!
Lavender is paricularly renowned for it’s calming and soothing effects. Lavender can help with sleep, stress, insomnia, aid relaxation. It can also help heal wounds and burns including sun burn.
Some of the wonderful ways you can use Lovely Lavender…
- Put a few drops in a vaporiser or oil burner and inhale the lovely smell.
- A couple of drops in a warm bath and a long soak will soothe away stress physically and mentally.
- If you have trouble sleeping, pop a couple of drops on your pillow or a tissue that you keep on your pillow (favorable if you have expensive linen as oils can stain).
- Headaches and migraines can be treated with a cold compress – flannel soaked in cold water – with a couple of drops of Lavender on it.
- Obviously you can never beat a massage!
You should always be careful when using essential oils as they can have side-effects and be contra-indicated to certain conditions such as pregnancy, epilepsy and long-term health conditions such as cancer. It is always best to consult an Aromatherapist if you have any questions.